Topic: attn: people who have accounts on my server

I installed FreeBSD 6.1 tonight and am in the process of setting up RAID-1 with two 160GB disks.  FreeBSD has been doing nicely so far, but I haven't even started installing anything from ports yet smile.

I'm not sure when shell account access will be back up.  None of your data is lost, and it will all be transferred from the old drive at some point relatively soon.  If you have anything on there that you urgently need let me know!

Oh yeah, I registered thehomerow.net, so you'll be able to use that or asemi.net once I get everything squared away.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Re: attn: people who have accounts on my server

you rock.

why the new domain?

and i wish you'd throw your website back online. take my wingedleopard.net/lucas/projects/ as an example. i maintain it and keep it online so that people can google and find some information that they might need. it's my return contribution. after all, i have received lots of information and help online, and if someone can find my documentation/information/configs/code useful, then it's the least that i can do.

you have gotten info online about mobilepros, so the more you can add to it and throw it back out there, the better. and i know you are doing that with your directory of packages. but to help people find it, an index with some keywords would aid the search.

just my long winded way to say that i support your small website that you considered pointless (or whatever you did say).

Gave up on NetBSD?

You know you're fucking up my social bookmarking by not having your site up any longer. I had a pretty good collection of mobilepro links, and you're just messin up the program!

Can't wait till thehomerow is rolled out! Good plan with the RAID-1.

sorry dp smile.  there will be an index soon, lr.  I figured I'd give 6.x a shot, andre.  it's working quite well so far!

so what's up with thehomerow.net..?

I'm not entirely sure.  it's a domain I've wanted for a while.  I think it's a cool name for a blog or for a site that offers shell accounts.  anything really!  we'll see what direction it takes.

I finally got my Sun Ultra 60 online (freebsd 6.1).  I am in the process of setting it up, but might open it up to you guys for accounts if there is any interest.

It is a dual 300mhz with no much disk space, but hey - its something...

http://www.0x743.com/vee (the program formerly known as vii)

bad news, everyone! I'm moving my web hosting to a shell account I have on someone else's box, so I won't be offering shell accounts anymore.

you have until October 19th to get whatever date you need from your home directory, because after that I'm going to cancel my Slicehost account.