Topic: OSX Sub forum

Im thinking with the amount of OSX users here, and the fact that there is some bsd under the hood bsdnexus forums could use a OSX subforum in the uname -a or whatever heading the others are under.

Anyways its just a suggestion.

karpet

Re: OSX Sub forum

I agree.

Forum is up. I hope that is ok with the other moderators and admins.

I vote against it. Until there actually is a substantial volume of Mac OS X, I see no reason to further inflate the number of forums.

Well, I think that we don't have that many forums and with the number of Mac OS X users and fans here it's just right to create a subforum. I say let's watch that forum and see how well it goes, we can still delete it if no-one wants to post there...

Erm... Domi, don't you think the discussion should have been done before you created the new forum? I'm also against it.

OS X posts can always goto the General BSD section since it is a thing related to BSD, but not actually a *BSD OS. It's usually better not to have too many forums anyway.

$ gcc -Wall Kuno.c -o Kuno
Kuno.c: In function 'main':
Kuno.c:5: warning: unused variable 'Life'

We really dont know what can happen to the forum or sub forum as it was just created. The argument that it isnt as valid as the other ones and can go to the General BSD section is only some what valid, but then I look at the df one, and that puzzles me even more. I think that the OSX forum is viable, and it might even attract more people to the forums granted the quality of the people that it attracts is unknown, but I am hoping for the best. I did think it was rather sudden that the forum got created, but whatever.

karpet

andre wrote:

Erm... Domi, don't you think the discussion should have been done before you created the new forum? I'm also against it.

Apologies, andre...feel free to remove the forum.

Without claiming to read Domi's mind, I think that she figured it would be no problem.  In many ways, it makes sense to me.  As I often run into Mac issues at work, it would be nice (for me) to have a forum specifically devoted to it.

May I suggest (as someone with no power or responsibility here--in other words, hey, it's not my problem smile ) that we leave it for a couple of weeks and see how it goes?

If it attracts an undesirable element, we can remove it then.

What do the non-Mac using moderators think?

(Of course, Andre, if this means I could no longer be your hero, then delete this post)   smile

<@andre> i would be so much more efficient if i wasn't so stupid