Topic: BootCamp settup

Hi

Does anyone know how I could change the default boot option in BootCamp. I would like the second OS to boot primarily.

Thanks for the help and have a nice day.

Last edited by self-defence (2007-08-28 11:19:27)

Re: BootCamp settup

I don't think that's possible. However you can replace bootcamp with rEFIt, which lets you do that.

I think you can do this via System Preferences --> Startup Disk. Bootcamp installs a Startup Disk panel in the Windows Control Panel as well, so you can do it from either operating system.

The thing is I'm not usnig Windows. Ok I'll try rEFit. Thanks for the help and I'll check back when I get it working or not.

Thanks and nice day.

refit actually works quite nice so thanks for the info.

I've just got one more question. How can I change the settings of refit so that it boots linux by default instead of macos or windows.

Thanks and nice day.

Find your refit.conf. If you're running a default (rEFIt) installation, it'll be in on your Mac OS X partition, under /efi/refit/refit.conf. In there, you'll have a setting called "legacyfirst", uncomment that and Mac OS X will no longer be the default. (Yeah, it's a bit crude

Cool thanks Maxlor. As for triple boot it's not that big o a problem since I boot Linux as default, but if I would need to boot win or BSD I can always configure grub to boot the needed os. But it's gonna be a nice to be able to boot any os for the startup menu since I usually have at least four OSes installed on my machine.

Thanks for the help and a nice day to you.