Topic: Obama for president!

He uses FreeBSD ....
What more info do you need tongue

http://www.douglaskarr.com/2007/06/23/2 … -by-server

Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

Re: Obama for president!

That his wife is on the Council on Foreign Relations. Oh and he wants to attack more countries like Pakistan. Oh and...hmmm I wonder who funds him lol
We want change! But we want the same total fear mongering bullshit. Hes part of elite. And the whole Obama thing is "shock testing" Giving you something that isnt normal but give the illusion that it is. A black president? Are you fucking kidding me. Its all a joke on the public who are under the illusion that they are free and can.....lol...........vote

For example, Linux had at least two completely independent USB stacks before Linus Torvalds rejected them both and wrote a third one from scratch, after he found both existent Linux  stacks unsatisfactory.  (When pressed for an explanation as to why he selected the API he did, Torvalds stated: "because I wanted to."

With all that Bush has done, why the Democrats would field two possible candidates that would automatically turn off a large portion of America is beyond me.  Neither of them are bad per se, (or any worse, I should say) but the sad fact is many wouldn't vote for Hillary because she's female and many won't vote for Obama because he's black.  Foolish on the part of the Democrats, they could have easily won, I think. 

Unfortunately, and this isn't limited to America, most of the time, most politicians are all the same in the end--corrupt. 

Ah well, as long as it isn't Bloomberg--as a NYC resident, I can't believe the country would even consider him.  He spends city money funding the wealthy, supporting various projects that help those with money get more money and forcing the middle class and the poor to move.  Taxes have gone up, quality of life has gone down.
He can spend millions of my tax money on sports stadiums, but will save money by cutting funding to the arts.  One of his first acts as mayor was to cut far less than he is offering to spend to help the Yankees, who can afford several million in salaries, which gave the well-known dancer Elliot Feld the choice of giving up his ballet company or his ballet school.  Elliot chose to end the ballet school.  There went a very nice job that my wife had, where she got to associate with Baryshnikov among others.  Thanks Mayor Bloomberg.

Or during the subway strike, showing how *he* was dealing with it--errm, yeah, he can afford to live relatively near his job and buy a $500 mountain bike.  Tell that to some poor waiter who can only afford to live in a bad part of the Bronx, paycheck to paycheck. 

Sigh, I shouldn't have begun answering this post.  I'll shut up now.

On the other hand, Dr J, a CA resident, makes fun of how our governor spent money on hookers.  Meanwhile his state elected a governor who, because of his connection to the Kennedy's, was able, in the 80's to get an unflattering biography removed from bookstores.  Scary.

<@andre> i would be so much more efficient if i wasn't so stupid

scottro wrote:

With all that Bush has done, why the Democrats would field two possible candidates that would automatically turn off a large portion of America is beyond me.  Neither of them are bad per se, (or any worse, I should say) but the sad fact is many wouldn't vote for Hillary because she's female and many won't vote for Obama because he's black.  Foolish on the part of the Democrats, they could have easily won, I think.

My thoughts exactly.

I also how many think about the "line of royalty".  The string of Bushs, now Clintons.  I don't like it myself. 

I heard an interview with the guy in charge of the Libertarian party and was really impressed.  Maybe he was their candidate, don't recall.  For that reason, I might have voted for Ron Paul if he was nominated, but I think I'll vote straight Libertarian as a show of support for a 3rd party.

That might be Mike Gravel. In one of those things where you match the candidates with your view, he was my choice.  Unfortunatey, his run never gained momentum so he left the Democrats and joined the Libertarians--I think.  smile

<@andre> i would be so much more efficient if i wasn't so stupid

well; if you look at the realistic lineup...obama is probably the best...Hillary and McCain(duh) are both taking oil company "gifts" obama isn't.

unfortunately, unless your name is King FDR politicians do all become corrupt eventually.

Did he use BSD too? tongue

Trust me, I know what I'm doing.