Topic: Happy Holidays and What's going on....

Happy Holidays to all.

I was just wondering what all the old timers here have been doing as conversation on this board have dropped off and Wintellect has gone to the dark side, it seems smile

Myself, I've been busy with my day job since I got a little promotion and I get to tell people what to do now. My oldest daughter moved back home with her 2 kids and my sister moved in too! So I am fortunate to live in a house with 4 women from age 12 to 40 and one that is 3 going on 4 sad

So with all that I don't get a lot of time to relax with *BSD and when I do I got so many things I want to do that I don't really no were to start!

That's it...just a shout out to the old timers here, peace...

"An educator never says what he himself thinks, but only that which he thinks it is good for those whom he is educating to hear."
-Nietzsche

Re: Happy Holidays and What's going on....

Well I used to come a lot on the forums and IRC but it started to become difficult to hang on since I got maried and got a very stressful job.

I still have a bit of time to play with NetBSD.

Happy Holidays to all !

<wintellect> NetBSD users are smart enough to accept that there's no 3D support tongue

you got married, dynek? congrats!

Life just seems so busy at the moment. I don't have time to play with BSD any more - I want to be productive when I use a system, hence my move to Linux (even wrote a blog about it). I simply don't have the time to wait for apps to compile - especially when 30 or so (plus dependencies) have to be done.

I'm more about efficiency these days! In so being, even my wife is enjoying Linux as our sole OS (we said goodbye to Windows).

"UBER" means I don't drink the coffee... I chew the beans instead
             -- Copyright BSDnexus

I'm not criticizing...I read your blog often and read that entry. I've tried to use Linux but I can't be productive in it, but different strokes for different folks you know.

Just hoping this forum does fade away...

"An educator never says what he himself thinks, but only that which he thinks it is good for those whom he is educating to hear."
-Nietzsche

lucas wrote:

you got married, dynek? congrats!

Yeah in August 2007 wink

<wintellect> NetBSD users are smart enough to accept that there's no 3D support tongue

Coolio, I just got married in August 2008.  08-08-08, nice and easy to remember.  smile  Seems August is a popular month for weddings.

Congrats phoenix!!

Congrats phoenix!!!

I got married on 22nd August  big_smile

-- Copyright BSDnexus

Congratulations to you too. I think August 22nd is a great date too, since it happens to be my birthday wink

Lots of events in August !! wink

lots of marriages around here! well, 2 at least. congrats to both of you guys; that rules.

I don't know if I count as an old timer, but...

I've got a job doing some Windows sysadmin type stuff for a city government. my boss is cool and I convinced her to set up a FreeBSD server to mess around with without telling her boss smile.

latest thing I've done with BSD is install Open on an old G3 iMac for fun. I just compiled XFCE today, nothing too exciting.

now that I have a sort-of-IT job I should hang in #bsd more since I have a decent amount of time spent at my desk.

Well since you joined before me, you an old timer in my book smile

Good to hear your doing well. Hope you *BSD server at work works out. I tried that but most people in the organization are too point an clicky now, even the old VMS guys. So they've built a Red Hat server and a SuSe desktop to play with.

What ever happened to the web interface to #BSD - I'm still firewalled at work that won't let me connect.

-Nietzsche

I didn't know we once had a web interface to #BSD?!?

-- Copyright BSDnexus

we didn't but the suggestion was brought up here a few years back...

-Nietzsche