Topic: FreeBSD 7.2 and flash 9 support (thank you god)

Actually according to the article its also compatible with 7.1 but I didn't check myself. Finally, at long last, a working, beautiful symphony of plugin wrappers and video playing capability! For those of you who don't yet have flash, here's the article: http://crnl.org/blog/2008/11/01/flash-9-for-freebsd-71

You'll need to enable linux compatibility and set up the linproc filesystem, but the entire process takes maybe 2 minutes tops if you already have all the necessary software installed. Now my FreeBSD desktop is a fully functional, fully operational space station and it's set to destroy Earth this time!

Seriously, now there is literally nothing my FreeBSD desktop can't do that windows can. Wine emulation is constantly being made bigger and better, allowing for actual decent gameplay for a plethora of games out there. Complete multimedia functionality sometimes even supercedes windows applications. Ah screw it im not an advertising agency, all I can say is that FreeBSD fucking rocks my socks off and I can comfortably use it without having to say "oh shit now i have to boot up windows to do x y and z".

Open source is making headway into mainstream.. it won't be long before when people ask you what operating system you use, and when you say "solaris" or "freebsd" they won't look at you with a blank stare of uncomprehension. Thank you and good night springfield!!

PEBKAC - people think they're damn perfect nowadays..

Re: FreeBSD 7.2 and flash 9 support (thank you god)

I "pkg_add -r seamonkey"; and install /gnash/ and
flash on (many sites?) (youtube at least ! ) works...
no linux_enable nor layer installed.
Running _7 stable of last year.

I've actually had quite a bit of problems with gnash. Forgot what they were in detail but I remember not being able to render flash videos correctly. Oh well, it was most likely a problem caused by me. Anyways I dont have to worry about that anymore woohoo! ^^

PEBKAC - people think they're damn perfect nowadays..

i have a error the same