Topic: Firefox crash

I just installed Firefox, through ports and get this error when trying to run it as user(root works):

/usr/X11R6/lib/firefox/mozilla-xremote-client: Error: Failed to find a running server.

Anyone know how to fix this?

later.

Re: Firefox crash

In your $HOME directory, there is probably a .mozilla directory owned by root.  Change it to be owned by the user.  (Do chown -R). 

First, see if I'm right. 

ls -l ~/.mozilla

If so, and it's owned by root, then do as I said.   smile

<@andre> i would be so much more efficient if i wasn't so stupid

I should have known...

thanks!

later.

We should start slapping guys asking questions that regards easy chowning smile

<wintellect> NetBSD users are smart enough to accept that there's no 3D support tongue

dynek wrote:

We should start slapping guys asking questions that regards easy chowning smile

I had a similar issue

*slaps those terminator glasses off you*

For example, Linux had at least two completely independent USB stacks before Linus Torvalds rejected them both and wrote a third one from scratch, after he found both existent Linux  stacks unsatisfactory.  (When pressed for an explanation as to why he selected the API he did, Torvalds stated: "because I wanted to."

lucky for scuzzo, I solved not just this problem, but two of his problems that night.

guru?  I think so.

scuzzo is obsessed by my sun glasses big_smile

<wintellect> NetBSD users are smart enough to accept that there's no 3D support tongue

It's not like that error is very descriptive! People writing bad messages are the ones that should be slapped...

oooohhhhh Im kidding rand_acs smile

Interesting, I just installed mozilla from ports on a fresh FreeBSD 6 box and it created a .mozilla directory in my home directory owned by root. Obviously I hadn't previously run mozilla on this box and damn sure not as root. Could the mozilla port maintainer be smoking crack or something?

... and then they said "I bet you can't make MINIX kernel panic!!!" And that's when I got mad