Topic: postcards

so I was talking to a friend of mine today over drinks, and had the idea that I should send a bunch of people from #bsd postcards from Boston!  I think it would be awesome to have everyone sending postcards to eachother.  I know I'd love postcards from people I know all over the world big_smile.

I'm gonna try to get a bunch of Boston postcards somewhere soon, so if you want one, send me a private message, talk to me on #bsd, or IM me on AIM smile.

Last edited by asemisldkfj (2005-11-13 08:03:00)

Re: postcards

asemisldkfj, we all know you're going dumpster diving for the postcards ........

i want one, only coz i have no friends and i need to finish my "shrine to brain"

haha

I'll send you guys postcards too tongue, Because I'm a loser. Edmonton, Alberta postcards big_smile Wow! Can you feel the suckage!?

I think the idea is quite cool actually. As they build up it'd be interesting to see ALL the different locations

"UBER" means I don't drink the coffee... I chew the beans instead
             -- Copyright BSDnexus

Nirbo wrote:

I'll send you guys postcards too tongue, Because I'm a loser. Edmonton, Alberta postcards big_smile Wow! Can you feel the suckage!?

A postcard in Edmonton, Alberta? What's that? Young Wayne Gretzky on a postcard? tongue

| There's no place like /home | There's no place like /home | There's no place like /home |

I'm in NYC.  We don't have interesting postcards.  smile

<@andre> i would be so much more efficient if i wasn't so stupid

That would be cool.  Photos are postcards without the fancy lines on the back... I could see dp mailing out photos to everyone with a message on back.

May Science bless you.

bmk1st wrote:

A postcard in Edmonton, Alberta? What's that? Young Wayne Gretzky on a postcard? tongue

Don't laugh. That's probably 30% of them tongue. People are still talking about when our sports teams DIDN'T suck tongue

I have a postcard from the university up there in Edmonton... there's no Wayne Gretsky on it, so it's not TOO bad.

May Science bless you.

hey i'm on it! i'll send you guys stuff. they probably won't be store-bought. pm me your address or email me!

phi_: Want another one tongue?

There's a lot of different postcards I could get... Probably stick with bland ol' U of A ones though tongue.

dannyp wrote:

hey i'm on it! i'll send you guys stuff. they probably won't be store-bought. pm me your address or email me!

Hold Up! We can make homemade post cards?? Then I'm in on this one!

"An educator never says what he himself thinks, but only that which he thinks it is good for those whom he is educating to hear."
-Nietzsche

oh crap i guess there isn't a pm feature here, i forgot. so far i have arun and asemi's phys-add. anyone else ?

RoddieRod wrote:
dannyp wrote:

Hold Up! We can make homemade post cards?? Then I'm in on this one!

of course, send anything you want!

I dont Imagine the Calgary postcards are going to be anybetter than the Edmonton ones, but Im game.. who do I send what where.

-Joshua

I still haven't even bought the postcards.  I'll probably do it sometime next week.  I'll e-mail you my address, karpet.  you too, RoddieRod.

great Idea!

Whoever wants a postcard from good ol scuzzo, email me your address , haroon at boringdays . com

For example, Linux had at least two completely independent USB stacks before Linus Torvalds rejected them both and wrote a third one from scratch, after he found both existent Linux  stacks unsatisfactory.  (When pressed for an explanation as to why he selected the API he did, Torvalds stated: "because I wanted to."

i'll send out postcards to anyone who wants one. they will be custom made using pictures i have taken of montana. just e-mail me you address.

just finished making them. all three. the rest of you are SOL. ;p

I still haven't gotten around to buying or making any.  maybe I'll take a nice picture of the Boston skyline and get a friend of mine to print it a bunch of times for me smile.

How about I just mail out some nice Christmas cards?  I'll even sign it for you.

May Science bless you.

so I finally took a photo that I'm gonna use for the postcards.  now I have to get a friend of mine to let me use their printer or something.

I promise, they'll get mailed eventually smile.

i used a different photo for each one of mine.

great, now I have to live up to lucas's postcards.  thanks a LOT lucas!