Re: Server problems

I am glad it is back online, uh...  ipmi?

The Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) specification defines a set of common interfaces to computer hardware and firmware which system administrators can utilize to monitor system health and manage the system

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPMI

We should be able to manage the server over LAN, even if the server is offline (well, the power cord needs to be plugged in), or if it has crashed. But the damn thing never worked as it should have, now it's not working at all. Hope I can get the card replaced soon.

Once again jage - Thank you for all your hard work and generousity!

"UBER" means I don't drink the coffee... I chew the beans instead
             -- Copyright BSDnexus

Yes! Thank you for your time!

<wintellect> NetBSD users are smart enough to accept that there's no 3D support tongue

I'm moving the forums back now. WIntellect has updated the DNS, most people should be directed to the right server tomorrow. The backup server is still running, and using the same database as the main server, the backup server is very slow though, since all DB-querys goes through the Internet.

KernelPanicked wrote:
WIntellect wrote:
KernelPanicked wrote:

Thank god the forums are back, I was literally going batshit. If proper hosting is a problem, I am willing to offer space on my dedicated server. It's a NetBSD box currently hosting only 3 tiny sites, and has a 100Mb pipe.  If wintellect and jage want to use my server, I will exchange services for help with configuring that horribly POS postfix smile

What trouble is Postfix giving you?

Actually I just got it fixed. smile  I was having problems with sasl auth and once I got postfix to accept that, it started authenticating but failing to relay. I just figured out that postfix has about a million and one undocumented variables and google is sometimes the only way to find them.

I've found that they are all documented, just not under the headings you would expect them to be.  The docs that come with Postfix (all the man pages and READMEs) and the docs available online cover everything... but finding where can sometimes be a chore.  smile  Best thing I ever did was by "The Book of Postfix" and spend a weekend reading it.  That brought everything together for me.