Topic: BSDNexus mention on BSDTalk

Hey guys,

Was just listening to the podcast of Sevan Janiyan on BSDtalk, where he mentions that he frequents on BSDnexus forum.

http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/2006/10/bsd … sevan.html

Great interview big_smile

[ quote=lucas ]who wants to use sco unix?

if i were faced with either sco unix or linux, i'd shoot myself in the face[ /quote ]

Re: BSDNexus mention on BSDTalk

That would be Venture37 smile

Keep Smiling

He's one cool dude!

"UBER" means I don't drink the coffee... I chew the beans instead
             -- Copyright BSDnexus

cool, I'll have to listen to this smile.

edit: he even mentions the IBM WorkPad I sold him big_smile.

Last edited by asemisldkfj (2006-10-18 10:11:34)

I sent an email to Will saying what a great podcast it is.

We got talking & now he wants to interview me for my thoughts on BSD, being new & all.

I really dont know if i should, i mean he regularly interviews CTO's & Developers... what are ppl gonna think talkin to a guy thats only been using it for a few months?

if i were faced with either sco unix or linux, i'd shoot myself in the face[ /quote ]

They'll be thinking "oh, interesting, he's interviewing a BSD newcomer, let's see how BSD looks from their perspective."

do it, DrMaJ!

I'm with asem.  Do it.  Often, the insights of a newcomer are extremely valuable.  One trouble with much of the documentation, for example, is that it's written by someone who knows the subject and assumes the reader knows the subject too. 

For example, people thinking about trying BSD will hear one expert talking to another.   Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrring.  Then, they hear the viewpoint of someone new the O/S, the problems he faced, the things he liked, and that, to them, is far more interesting. 

Plus, if you don't do it, you'll probably regret not doing it.

<@andre> i would be so much more efficient if i wasn't so stupid

I think you should do it!

I also think you should give a brief explanation of your computing experience/background - that way people will get a fuller picture of where you've come from and what experience you may broing with you.

-- Copyright BSDnexus

I think the same that everybody DrMAJ do it! you can man!

Thank you fans, now line up with your gifts for your master, autographs & pictures are charged at $700 each.
Take a piece of BSD stardom home with you.
wink

Venture37 wrote:

Thank you fans, now line up with your gifts for your master, autographs & pictures are charged at $700 each.
Take a piece of BSD stardom home with you.
wink

lol

-- Copyright BSDnexus

Hey guys,

Whaddya know, my work now resolves bsdnexus again.

I havent done the interview, havent heard from Will. But if I do it ill be sure to mention BSDNexus.

I wouldnt even be using Linux if it wasnt for you guys, I owe alot of what I know to you guys.