Topic: Pretty funny comparison of WIndows and Linux

The funny thing about this one is how many people took it seriously.  The comments are perhaps the best part.

http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/200 … facts.aspx

I wasn't sure until he started praising Bonzi Buddy.

For some reason, it reminds me of "The Princess Bride," where the author, quite convincingly, makes it seem as if he's simply abridging a novel by a gent named Morgenstern.  It didn't hit me till afterwards that talking about two countries, Florin and Guilder (that seemed to be two Italian states) couldn't be right. 

You Europeans probably picked up on it a bit more quickly. 

At any rate, back to this review--I'm not sure if the whole site is a satire or not, but this article is.  I don't know if the comments are a tribute to its subtlty or simply a comment on the stupidity of some readers.

<@andre> i would be so much more efficient if i wasn't so stupid

Re: Pretty funny comparison of WIndows and Linux

I hope that whole site is satire!

the references to Bonzi Buddy and Comet Cursor were really funny.  too bad he didn't mention Weatherbug!

I have no idea how you found this, but it -- and the comments especially -- are just priceless.  For a moment, though, I had to make sure I wasn't reading comments in /.

"This alcoholic has Linux installed on his laptop."

mouahuahuauha

and

"A Linux user

<wintellect> NetBSD users are smart enough to accept that there's no 3D support tongue

To Dr. J, it came from some link off of openoffice.org's site.  I don't remember how I got there though.

dynek wrote:

"A Linux user

"An educator never says what he himself thinks, but only that which he thinks it is good for those whom he is educating to hear."
-Nietzsche

tongue RoddieRod, sometimes it would be nice to hallucinate...easier way to go through life...and face most of our problems...la la la la....somehow even though I'm using Linux all the time I don't get any hallicinations whatsoever, must be using the wrong Linux distro...

"After spending half an hour trying to decode the

Ventoku, we think that's the point.  The guy is making obvious mistakes so that those in the know will realize it's satire.

scottro, we all think that he did all this joke to get more reply post in his blog or maybe microsoft is paying him publicity. It's not satire it's just business for him

Ventotaku, you might be right.  I disagree, and think that he did it simply as a joke, or perhaps to poke fun at some folks, but.....sigh, I've been wrong before, so perhaps you're correct. 

And, perhaps I'm correct.  smile  That's what makes the world go 'round---well, actually gravity, centrifugal force make the world go 'round, but.....

yeah maybe is that scottro, but indeed this guy is an excelent comedian, he must do it for living! hahahaha lol

lol....
He had confused all of us for a while, he must have plan for......

Anyway interesting thread....    big_smile

Posts [ 13 ]

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply