Topic: Some programs make normal user modify the root-writable only files?

After I installed GNOME, it seems the programs in System->Administration can be run with root privilege, but the user is only normal user in wheel group.

%ls -l /usr/local/bin/network-admin
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  95296  2 14 08:13 /usr/local/bin/network-admin

It's not a setuid file, and didn't ask for root's passwork, and after I modified the DNS, the file /etc/resolv.conf is modified:
%ls -l /etc/resolv.conf
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  65  5 14 17:23 /etc/resolv.conf

Of cause the users not belonging to wheel group can run it. But even the users in wheel group, the group access right for resolv.conf is read-only.

The 'Users and Groups' also can be run, but after closed the result didn't write into /etc/passwd.
For 'Login Windows' it just said that only root can configure GDM.

Is there anyway to make FreeBSD works like consolehelper under Linux? It can't then OK, I can at list use gnomesu. But normal user can change the only-root-writable file is very dangerous. Does that mean that I made some mistake for some configuration?

Re: Some programs make normal user modify the root-writable only files?

I'm not a gnome user, so the following is mostly an educated guess. I'd say that gnome uses either some daemon launched as root or some other program that's suid root to edit your resolv.conf. Why don't you look through the files installed as suid root ( find /usr/local/bin -perm '+7000' ) and see whether any of them seem like what might be used here. The time of last access (use stat(1) ) might help to find the right program. Then all that remains is to remove the suid bit.