Topic: Animated Emoticons?

Any chance we can update the Emoticons to animated ones?

"UBER" means I don't drink the coffee... I chew the beans instead
             -- Copyright BSDnexus

Re: Animated Emoticons?

Too fancy for me

<wintellect> NetBSD users are smart enough to accept that there's no 3D support tongue

I prefer static images, but maybe we could add it as an option for users.

static good

For example, Linux had at least two completely independent USB stacks before Linus Torvalds rejected them both and wrote a third one from scratch, after he found both existent Linux  stacks unsatisfactory.  (When pressed for an explanation as to why he selected the API he did, Torvalds stated: "because I wanted to."

The current smileys rock!

If you want to see an overabundance of animated emoticons, check out Liquidbeat.  Their pushing the 100+ mark for emoticons.  It can take longer to insert those than to type a message.

yeah, I like them the way they are.  having it as an option like jage said wouldn't be bad though.

I like animated icons but if that's an option, they should be about the same style and size, like those Yahoo IM has, I really like those.

i agree with dynek, too fancy

Static is cool, but if you can have an option to use which ever why not.

"An educator never says what he himself thinks, but only that which he thinks it is good for those whom he is educating to hear."
-Nietzsche

the real need would be an option in the browser to deactivate animated gifs. (maybe there is.. never checked)

<wintellect> NetBSD users are smart enough to accept that there's no 3D support tongue

maybe animated emoticons will be good, but with limitations in the number used. I don't like the post full with these. An options to select static emoticons from a list will be cool too.