Topic: make a general bsd forum

I think a general bsd forum should be made

For example, Linux had at least two completely independent USB stacks before Linus Torvalds rejected them both and wrote a third one from scratch, after he found both existent Linux  stacks unsatisfactory.  (When pressed for an explanation as to why he selected the API he did, Torvalds stated: "because I wanted to."

Re: make a general bsd forum

what for?   What do you think hasn't been covered?

"UBER" means I don't drink the coffee... I chew the beans instead
             -- Copyright BSDnexus

Say someone says "which bsd is good to learn" or "new bsd conference coming up!" ...That sort of stuff. It was just a though, maybe its not needed.

For example, Linux had at least two completely independent USB stacks before Linus Torvalds rejected them both and wrote a third one from scratch, after he found both existent Linux  stacks unsatisfactory.  (When pressed for an explanation as to why he selected the API he did, Torvalds stated: "because I wanted to."

First topic goes into the off-topic forum and second goes into the news section

<wintellect> NetBSD users are smart enough to accept that there's no 3D support tongue

hmm "which bsd is good to learn" doesn't sound off-topic to me, but then I also don't think we should create another forum now. If the number of general BSD posts increase, we'll add it.

did enough posts come?

we need a "why Perl farking rocks" forum.

http://www.0x743.com/vee (the program formerly known as vii)